Members of the working press, who meet OTC criteria, receive complimentary registration to the 2021 Offshore Technology Conference. Online press registration opens in April 2021.
Please carefully read the criteria before applying for press registration.
- Complimentary press registration is available only to members of the working press who are writing articles or producing a broadcast coverage about OTC (examples: reporter, editor, publisher, photojournalist, freelance writer*, etc.).
- Titles that will not be eligible include PR or marketing representative, account executive, corporate media relations staff, advertising sales, president, CEO, and other non-editorial roles.
- Journalists must be employed by a news organization that covers the oil and gas industry.
- To ensure a secure conference, government-issued photo identification is required.
* Freelance writers must have a documented assignment from a specific news organization to receive press registration. Freelancers are required to provide proof of at least two bylined articles written within the past year for an assigned news organization that covers the oil and gas industry. You will be contacted by OTC for this documentation.
PRESS GUIDELINES FOR PHOTOGRAPHY AND AUDIO/VIDEO RECORDING
No audio recording, video recording, or photography is allowed without OTC's permission. All journalists seeking to do any of these things must register as press and check-in at the OTC press room. Download the Limited Video/Audio Recording/Photographs Form here.
ON-SITE PRESS ROOM
Members of the press will register or pick-up their badge in the press room. It is also the check-in location for photographers and videographers. The press room also offers a quiet workspace with complimentary internet access.
PRESS ACCESS TO SPECIAL EVENTS
- Press are allowed to cover any ticketed event without a ticket, but are not offered a meal. We attempt to provide chairs for the press, but some events may be sold out and offer standing room only for press on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note for sold-out events that the local Fire Marshall may deem a room at capacity and may not allow any more people to enter. We encourage you to arrive early.
- OTC will not provide press with complimentary tickets to any of the special events; however, you may purchase a ticket to an event to receive a meal.
- If you are traveling around NRG Park, we encourage you to allow yourself at least 15 minutes to accommodate walking and shuttle time.