Applications for the Spotlight on New Technology Award® program are now closed. Thank you to all who applied for this prestigious award. The award program is exclusively for OTC exhibitors and showcases the latest and most advanced hardware and software technologies that are leading the offshore energy sector into the future.
Spotlight on New Technology® Award Program
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
2020 Spotlight on New Technology Winners
- Advisian Digital, producer of CAROL®
- Baker Hughes, producer of SureCONNECT™ Downhole Intelligent Wet-Mate System
- Baker Hughes, producer of Aptara™ lightweight compact tree
- Bosch Rexroth, producer of A High Force and Low Voltage Subsea Valve Actuator (SVA) to enable the implementation of the ALL SUBSEA FACTORY in BROWN Fields
- Dril-Quip Inc., producer of VXTe™ Vertical Subsea Tree System
- Halliburton, producer of Xaminer® Magnetic Resonance (XMR™) service
- NOV, producer of SWIT™ - Subsea Low Sulphate and Low Salinity Plant
- NOV, producer of PowerBlade™ Energy Recovery System
- Schlumberger, producer of NeoSteer at-bit steerable system
- Schlumberger, producer of Ora intelligent wireline formation testing platform
- Siemens, producer of Siemens AM Monitor™
- TechnipFMC, producer of Subsea Power Distribution Station
2020 Spotlight Small Business Winners
- DarkVision, producer of HADES-F™
- Rocsole Ltd, producer of LITI -Liquid In-Tank Inspection
- Rolloos, producer of Red Zone Service
- Upwing Energy, producer of Upwing Subsurface Compressor System™
- WFS Technologies Ltd, producer of Seatooth SmartClamp
- WFS Technologies Ltd, producer of Subsea Cloud Computing Network
CAROL® is Worley’s catalyst unloading robot for offshore, LNG, gas plant and refinery vessels. CAROL effectively replaces the requirement to have a human inside the vessel during catalyst vacuuming operations. Human safety is improved by a factor of 10. And efficiency is improved by at least 20 percent. Booth # 451
The modular Baker Hughes SureCONNECT™ intelligent wet-mate system enables connection and re-connection of upper completion components to the lower completion with hydraulic, electric, and/or fiber-optic lines. Operators can now achieve real-time, intervention less monitoring and control across the wellbore, enabling data-driven decisions to optimize performance and proactively mitigate risks. Booth # 2827
During the TRL 4 qualification of its novels Subsea Valve Actuator with pressure chamber tests, Bosch Rexroth demonstrated its capability to provide high actuation forces with limited electric power supply. This enables the implementation of the ALL SUBSEA FACTORY in Brown Fields using the available Subsea Instrumentation Interface Standard (SIIS). Booth # 805
Dril-Quip’s evolutionary VXTe™ vertical subsea tree system empowers you to work smarter, faster, safer and permanently reduces cost. Installing the non-oriented tubing hanger into the wellhead enables drilling and completions in a single campaign eliminating BOP trips. The self-aligning VXTe™, using conventional couplers, is installed at any desired orientation. That’s the Power of e™. Booth # 3227
Halliburton offers the world’s first ultrahigh pressure, 35,000-psi-rated magnetic resonance sensor for wireline—the Xaminer® Magnetic Resonance (XMR™) service. The XMR service is a “Revolution in Resolution” for formation evaluation. The XMR service has a sharp focus on the future of NMR wireline logging for deepwater, unconventional, and mature assets. Booth #1839
The SWIT™ is the world’s first full-scale sulfate removal and low salinity plant, designed for long-term continuous operation at the seabed for IOR and EOR purposes. By employing unique, proprietary technology in combination with process simplifications in this configuration, the system can operate for more than 30-months maintenance free. Booth # 2839
The PowerBlade™ energy recovery system receives, stores and provides regenerated energy based on operation, e.g. it regenerates energy from heave compensation. Further, it reduces power peaks “felt” by the generators and possible power bottlenecks, thereby reducing fuel consumption, improving the environmental footprint, and boosting equipment performance. Booth # 2839
The Schlumberger NeoSteer at-bit steerable system (ABSS) is a first-of-its-kind directional drilling innovation that integrates the cutting structure with the steering system. The system is capable of drilling both high dogleg severity (DLS) curve sections and straighter higher-quality lateral sections at high performance in a single run. Booth # 2415
The Schlumberger Ora intelligent wireline formation testing platform integrates new downhole digital hardware and cloud-native software. With Ora, operators can efficiently evaluate their reservoirs—even in previously inaccessible conditions—and all the information is provided in context, in real-time, for making confident decisions faster. Booth #2415
TechnipFMC’s new Subsea Power Distribution Station eliminates topside expansion needs, reducing subsea boosting costs for brownfield projects. The station comprises a subsea transformer, subsea variable speed drive, which utilizes a field-proven WEG VSD, a power transmission umbilical and connectors. Together, field installation, step-out wells, and field expansions are simplified. Booth # 2038
DarkVision’s HADES-F™ technology uses a next-generation high-resolution acoustic imaging head mounted on an articulating remotely-controlled robotic arm. The tool provides sub-millimetric measurements, images, and 3D reconstructions of any wellbore obstruction, wellhead, fish, or connection. This is sent to surface in real-time from any orientation, regardless of fluid clarity. Booth # 1125
Rocsole’s LITI (Liquid In-Tank Inspection) technology and solution are used to improve the performance of crude oil operational tanks. Detailed imaging of the emulsion layer that can be combined with our AI prediction tools leading to improved oil quality for higher revenues at a lower cost, with fast ROI. Booth #6258
People on a drill floor are exposed to the risk of being in the line of fire or getting caught in between machines. Rolloos’ Red Zone Service keeps people safe and optimizes performance by combining advanced computer vision, AI, human-machine integration and classical change management. Booth # 1255
Upwing’s Subsurface Compression System™ (SCS) is the only artificial lift tool that increases gas production and recoverable reserves, while removing liquid loading from both the vertical and horizontal sections of the wellbore. The SCS includes a gas compressor driven by and magnetically coupled to a hermetically sealed permanent magnet motor. Booth # 7033
Seatooth SmartClamp is a smart wireless subsea structural monitoring system. The device measures strain, acceleration, pressure and temperature and uses edge computing to calibrate fatigue models with real-time data at the sensor level. Our proprietary subsea wireless communication technology transfers Seatooth SmartClamp data through the air-water boundary to a topside receiver. Booth # 1061-9
WFS Technologies Subsea Cloud Computing Network architecture is enabled by integrating with a SCM to create a subsea Wi-Fi hotspot. Seatooth smart devices, with edge computing and low power management systems are able to wirelessly connect directly to the network or cross-pollinate data using AUVs or ROVs for data harvesting. Booth # 1061-9
To be considered, the technology must meet five key criteria.
- New. The technology must have been offered to the marketplace in a ready-for-commercialization state less than two years prior to the application date.
- Innovative. The technology must be original, groundbreaking, and capable of having a major impact on the offshore E&P industry.
- Ready. A proposed type of equipment must meet the requirements of API 17Q Technology Readiness Level of TRL4 in or to qualify for submission.
- Broad Interest. The technology must interest and appeal to the industry.
- Significant Impact. The technology must provide significant benefits exceeding existing technologies.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING
- Acknowledgment in an OTC news release;
- Advanced recognition on the OTC website and social media platforms;
- Acknowledgment at an onsite awards ceremony with media invited;
- Recognition in a special four-color, multi-page section of the OTC onsite program;
- Designation on the exhibit floor with a customized Spotlight banner;
- Use of the OTC Spotlight on New Technology® logo until the end of the calendar year (2020)
SMALL BUSINESS AWARD
OTC Spotlight on New Technology Small Business Award recipients will receive the same benefits as listed above, with the added recognition as a "Small Business Award" recipient. The Spotlight on New Technology Small Business Award® recognizes the innovative technologies being developed by small businesses (less than 300 employees). To be considered, your company must:
- Be independently owned and operated or a not-for-profit concern.
- Have no more than 300 employees for the preceding 12 months.
- Meet all other Spotlight on New Technology award program requirements.